Besançon University Hospital, France
President Elect, EUSEM
Vice-president, International Pan Arab Critical
Care Medicine Society (IPACCMS)
Department of Emergency Medicine & Critical Care,
Besançon University Hospital
Consultant physician in the Department of Emergency Medicine & Critical Care in the University of Franche-Comté, Medical & Trauma Center
1. Emergency Medicine
2. Critical Care Medicine
3. Regional Dispatching Center
4. Out of hospital Medicine in Mobile Intensive Care Units
5. Air & Mountain Rescue Helicopters
6. Member of Rescue Teams in Perilous Environment
Medical Officer in the Doubs Fire Department
1. Consultant physician for Disaster Medicine & Terrorism
2. Instructor for Nuclear Radiological & Biochemical Risks & Terrorism
1. Project Manager, Research Team in Mechanical Ventilation (French government labeled research team, Inserm – CIC 1431)
2. Responsible for the training by Simulation for Emergency Medicine at the University of Franche-Comté.
3. Instructor for Disaster Medicine at the SAMU de PARIS
4. European training in Emerging Diseases & Bioterrorism (ETIDE)
5. Several Humanitarian & Rescue Missions for the French Government - Member of the French Rapid Response Team for disasters (Reserve Sanitaire)
6. Consultant for WHO Geneva and expert for WHO Lebanon, working on Emerging diseases and preparedness plans in Central Asia and Lebanon.
7. Consultant and expert for the European Commission, EUROPAID to Tunisia for enhancing the Emergency Medical System in the country.
8. Several lectures, conferences, workshops & communications in Critical Care, Disaster and Emergency Medicine at various congresses
9. Author & co-author in several publications.
10. Member of the Executive and Review boards of various Emergency Medicine and Intensive Care journals
Training (most important)
1. French Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, University of Franche-Comté, Besançon, France
2. Post graduate Diploma in Disaster Medicine, University of Paris V, Paris, France
3. European Master in Disaster Medicine, University of Piedmont, Novara, Italy
4. University Diploma in simulation applied to medicine and health sciences, University of Paris V, Paris, France.
Scientific Societies (most important)
1. Industry Liaison Officer, the European Society for Emergency Medicine (EUSEM)
2. Past vice-president, the European Society for Emergency Medicine (EUSEM)
3. Vice-president, International Pan Arab Critical Care Medicine Society (IPACCMS)
4. Co-founder and vice-president of the Lebanese Resuscitation Council (LRC)
5. Past chair, Disaster Medicine Section at EUSEM
1. French: Native language
2. Arabic: Native language
3. English: Written, spoken and read (excellent)
4. Russian: Written (fair), spoken (good) and read (fair)